Involving Citizens in Prioritizing, Elaborating and Implementing Local Development Policies
The overall objective of the project is to increase the capacity of civil society organizations to improve their role in prioritizing, developing and implementing public policies of regional and local development.
• Creating a network of civil society organizations from Romania, Ukraine, Armenia and the Republic of Moldova, which will support and facilitate civic engagement.
• Creating and activating new tools of civic involvement.
• Increasing cooperation between civil society and government in making decisions.
• Stimulating business participation in regional and local development policies and creating public – private partnerships.
• NGOs from four countries: Romania, Moldova, Ukraine and Armenia;
• Local government representing officers of four countries: local and regional councils, city halls;
• Business from the four countries (50 entrepreneurs from SMEs).
The project team:
- SMART Developing Center, Romania – www.smart.org.ro
- CBC Association “”Lower Danube Euroregion”, Romania – www.actedj.ro
- The Agency for Sustainable Development and European Integration “Lower Danube” Euroregion, Ukraine
- The Institute for Public Policies, Moldova – www.ipp.md
- European Integration NGO, Armenia – www.europeanintegration.am
Associated organizations: General Directorate of Foreign Economic Activities and European Integration of Odessa Region, Ukraine; Regional Fund for Entrepreneurship Support of Odessa Region, Ukraine; Young Entrepreneurs in Romania.
SMART Method of Public Policies was founded and developed by Radu Oprea, Master in Public Policy at Pepperdine University USA, PhD “Lower Danube University” Romania. Research services were conducted by Megan Johnson and Jordan Sandler, MA in Public Policy at Pepperdine University 12 US.