Actions for Priority Axis 1: A well-connected region
1. Specific objective 1.1: Support the planning, development and coordination of cross-border transport systems to ensure better connections to TEN-T transport networks. Indicative measures to be supported under this specific objective:
1. To jointly develop action-based solutions, management plans, strategies, feasibility studies, environmental impact assessments, etc., related to projects, public infrastructure works (waterways, roads, etc.) for connection Secondary and tertiary nodes on the TEN-T infrastructure and reducing transport time and optimizing logistics; 2. Develop cross-border coordinated concepts, standards and tools to improve mobility services in the public interest (eg for disadvantaged groups, demographic registers, etc.). 3. Facilitating active cooperation between traffic and travel information providers and value-added services in order to improve local public transport in the cross-border area and the link between twin cities (eg harmonizing schedules, providing bilingual information on cross- Operation of cross-border public transport services, especially between twin cities); 4. Exchanges of experience and knowledge, including awareness-raising (training, seminars and workshops) in the field of traffic safety measures in the eligible area (eg improvement of the traffic network configuration, introduction of traffic softening measures, roundabouts, Safety barriers and bumps to reduce speed, improving degraded road surfaces to avoid eg wet weather accidents, retro-reflective marking materials).
5. Improvement of TEN-T infrastructure connections for secondary and tertiary cross-border nodes (eg improvement of road quality, improvement / construction of bicycle routes, construction of bicycle shelters, rehabilitation, modernization and extension of road infrastructure);
6. Adoption of common traffic management measures for smart mobility in the cross-border area (eg route guidance, incident / emergency / incident detection and management, studies of traffic flows, traffic safety measures, black hole maps).
2. Specific objective 1.2: Increasing the level of coordination on transport safety Indicative actions to be supported under this specific objective:
1. Awareness raising on the importance of developing and improving environment-friendly transport systems in the cross-border area; 2. Exchange activities such as joint seminars, study visits, surveys and trainings leading to the implementation of new methods related to winter management.
3. Investment (infrastructure and equipment) to improve the inland waterway freight and passenger transport;
4. Develop Integrated Plans and Measures to Improve Navigation Conditions in the Common Danube Sector in the Transboundary Area (eg Joint Feasibility Studies, Technical Project Documentation, Morphology and Hydrodynamics Studies to Study Sediment Storage Conditions Etc. on river regularization works, unification of the reference system used in Romania and Bulgaria on the Danube and introduction of the Fluent Information System); 5. Develop and implement joint coordinated pilot strategies, tools and applications to improve the development of multimodal nodes and port services;
Actions under Priority Axis 2: A green region
1. Specific objective 2.1: Improvement of the protection and sustainable use of natural resources and heritage and of cultural heritage Some indicative activities:
1. Preparing studies, strategies, management plans, etc. Jointly in the field of conservation, development and joint use of cultural / natural heritage; 2. Common training and awareness raising campaigns on the protection, promotion and development of natural and cultural heritage; 3. Preservation, promotion and development of intangible cultural heritage, mainly through cultural events with a cross-border dimension;
4. Supporting the promotion and use of the potential of cultural / natural heritage by investing in the common sustainable tourism infrastructure; 5. Rehabilitation / construction of roads to the points of interest of natural and cultural heritage that will be part of cross-border tourist products; 6. Cultural infrastructure: reconstruction, rehabilitation and promotion of cultural monuments on the basis of relevant cross-border strategies / concepts.
7. Joint development of tourism products and services based on natural and cultural heritage and joint promotion; 8. Joint development / management of natural parks, nature reserves and other protected areas.
2. Specific objective 2.2: Improving the sustainable management of ecosystems in the cross-border area All the sustained actions seek to strengthen the environmental management capacity in the Romanian-Bulgarian cross-border area:
1. Cross-border co-ordination and information sharing to strengthen the implementation capacity of relevant policies (Water Framework Directive) and biodiversity conservation (Habitats and Birds Directive), knowledge transfer, sharing best practice examples, linking and developing innovations on Protection / conservation of ecosystems; 2. Protecting ecosystems by using classification, mapping and spatial planning and other structural cooperation measures in the field of nature and landscape protection; 3. Preparation and implementation of research, studies, strategies, common plans related to Natura 2000 sites; 4. Joint awareness activities for the general public by recognizing and promoting the potential of Natura 2000 sites; 5. Joint designation and management of protected sites and species within the Natura 2000 network;
6. Supporting and promoting cross-border investments related to green infrastructure (eg rainwater collection, urban vegetation, habitats connecting corridors); 7. Protect / preserve / monitor ecosystems, especially in NATURA 2000 sites by acquiring the necessary equipment. 8. Creation / strengthening of coordinated cross-border infrastructure for protection / restoration of biodiversity / soils / promotion of ecosystem services, including through the Natura 2000 network;
Actions under Priority Axis 3: A Safe Region
1. Specific objective 3.1: Improve joint risk management in the cross-border area. Some examples of actions that are supported under this specific objective:
1. Ensure better coordination and effective responses by authorities in emergency situations caused by natural disasters (floods, fires, heat waves, earthquakes, storms) as well as establishing common rules / legislation on deforestation and construction in areas affected by Natural and anthropic hazards; 2. Establishment and integration of harmonized standards and systems for better forecasting and management of natural and anthropogenic hazards in the PCT RO-BG 2014-2020 area (floods, earthquakes, fires, storms), including the development / updating of hazard maps and the use of solutions Based on ecosystems (meadows, wetland conservation, forest management); 3. Establishment of integrated integrated risk prevention and mitigation tools (including detection, early warning and alert systems, mapping and risk assessment) – Creation of common structures for emergencies, unexpected (including specialized intervention / (Eg transport accidents, disasters, etc.), including weather-related risks (storms, extreme heat events, forest fires, floods, floods, Drought, floods) and geophysical hazards (such as landslides, earthquakes). 4. Development of detailed maps and common databases indicating natural and technological risks and land use for regional planning / planning authorities, environmental agencies and emergency services. 5. Exchange of experience and knowledge, including awareness-raising on effective cross-border risk prevention and management (including training and learning programs, Community-based training initiatives, bilingual maps, brochures on natural and man-made hazards) targeting target groups (Children / young people, development planners, emergency managers, local government officials, etc.).
6. Land improvement in high and medium risk areas (including sanitation and reforestation of river banks, dyke construction and cliff protection (dams, reservoirs) afforestation / reforestation of non-permanent vulnerable land against the formation of torrents, Reduction of desertification trends and high drought risk), reforestation of forests in meadows). 7. Supporting and promoting cross-border investments for green infrastructure that mitigates risk and mitigates disasters (such as pluvial water collection, treatment, etc.). Integrated measures:
8. Measurement / monitoring of environmental parameters that are important for early warning and mitigation (eg emission levels, water quality, soil analysis and water samples, etc.) by pooling equipments and by jointly evaluating results.
Actions under Priority Axis 4: A Qualified and Inclusive Region
Specific objective 4.1: Encourage the integration of the cross-border area in terms of employment and labor mobility. Examples of actions to be supported:
1. Anticipating long-term employment opportunities created by structural changes in the labor market and development of services in the fields of guidance and lifelong learning to encourage career transitions; 2. Development of common strategies, plans and studies on cross-border mobility and identification of the main branches that can activate labor mobility; 3. Collaborate in providing employers with services and establish partnerships with educational institutions and other employment services to ensure the flexible, preventive and efficient provision of their services; 4. Providing full and official information on social security, labor law and tax issues in the border regions of Romania and Bulgaria through regular training sessions and relevant legal regulations to reduce the uncertainties of administrative units and employers regarding Concerns how to interpret and apply specific regulations; 5. Development and provision of joint special vocational / vocational training programs in sectors lacking specific competencies; 6. Joint training and support, exchanges of best practices for better integration into the labor market; 7. Actions to raise awareness of employment opportunities in PCT RO-BG 2014-2020 8. Provide special language courses for mobile workers and job seekers that can increase their chances of engaging in work in the eligible area.
9. Creating / developing infrastructure to increase labor mobility;
10. Strategies and measures for better inclusion on the labor market of disadvantaged population categories; 11. Provision of information and advice to cross-border commuters and potential employers by creating and developing joint labor mobility databases; 12. Support adapted to the needs of both those looking for jobs on both sides of the border, with the extension of the provision of services to those who change their jobs or towards the inactive people returning to the workplace; 13. Creation and development of cross-border business incubators and virtual incubators to promote the employment of staff on both sides of the border (companies based on local resources and local service needs such as innovative cultural tourism products, nautical and aquatic tourism and ecotourism located in the region).
Actions on Priority Axis 5: An Effective Region
1. Specific objective 5.1: Increase the cooperation capacity and efficiency of public institutions in the context of cross-border cooperation. The set of actions to be supported in the cross-border area fully corresponds to the specific objective of “increasing cooperation capacity and efficiency of public administrations in the context of PCT” and provides as follows:
1. Analyzing and harmonizing the regulatory framework; 2. Strengthening cross-border local / regional networks; 3. Designing strategies for the implementation, development and transfer of models and best practice solutions (including good practices for delivering public services through e-government tools and methods), organizational models, decision-making tools and the promotion of pilot actions for a Better participation of all civil society groups in cross-border and local decision-making and in the policy-making process; 4. Coordination of policies and investments in the program area – developing common approaches to common issues – in areas such as social, education, health, employment and customs; 5. Development of models of institutional cooperation and spatial organization for and between different types of territories; 6. Training the staff of public institutions to increase their capacity to implement EU projects and rules and manage public investment programs in a context of cross-border cooperation; 7. Elaboration of cross-border models for designing, testing, expanding, comparing and evaluating innovations (instruments, processes, actors, organizations and interfaces) in the field of services of general interest, social services and public administration 8. Expanding the specialization in the field of development and implementation of cross-border cooperation policies; 9. Raising awareness of cross-border opportunities (employment, health care, education, etc.).
10. Support modernization of public services in areas such as customs, social policies, education, health and employment (including equipment purchase and infrastructure development); 11. Develop common structures, systems and tools to ensure continuity and allow gradual maturity of cross-border cooperation in the program area; 12. Actions to promote the reduction of administrative burdens for citizens.
Eligible beneficiaries Program beneficiaries under the General Regulation are operators, public or private bodies / firms. Beneficiaries could also be:
- Local, national and regional public authorities and institutions
- NGOs (including universities and research institutions)