The Diaspora Invest project is funded under the Human Capital Operational Program, Priority Axis 3: Jobs for All, Specific Objective 3.7: Increasing employment by supporting non-agricultural enterprises in the urban area.
Supporting Diaspora Romanians to Start a Start-Up Business in Romania
The overall objective of the project is to encourage entrepreneurship in the 7 least developed regions of Romania (South-East, South-Muntenia, South-West Oltenia, West, North-West, Center and North East), supporting the establishment of new enterprises non-agricultural profile in urban areas. Beneficiaries will be individuals over the age of 18 (unemployed, inactive, job-seekers, self-employed persons) residing or residing in rural or urban areas of these regions and providing evidence of domicile or residence residence abroad for a minimum of 12 months prior to joining the project.
DURATION OF IMPLEMENTATION
October 2017 – September 2020
The project aims:
- Developing the skills and competences needed to set up and develop a business in Romania for 250 individuals from Diaspora, by providing an entrepreneurial training program.
- Providing 30 start-up funding worth 177,000 lei each for the winners of the business ideas contest.
- Increase business success chances that will be set up by the 30 beneficiaries through other types of support, personalized counseling / mentoring / mentoring services that will allow the transfer of know-how and experience in setting up and managing business in Romania.
- Creating 60 new jobs.
- Developing mechanisms to support and promote businesses set up by the project and entrepreneurship in general.
- The SMART Development Center Association as a leading partner
- The Romanian Students Abroad League (LSRS)
- Young Employers’ Employers in the SUD-EST Region (PTIR-SE)