Rural Activ was a project dedicated to people in rural areas with entrepreneurial potential who wanted to develop non-agricultural business.
The project was implemented by SC RomActiv Business Consulting SRL ( www.romactiv.ro ), in partnership with Young Entrepreneurs in Romania (www.ptir.ro), SMART Development Center (www.smart.org.ro) and Europroject Center of Consulting Center and Project Management Association (www.europroject.org.ro).
Rural Activ was co-funded by the European Social Fund through Sectoral Operational Programme Human Resources Development 2007 – 2013, “Invest in people!”, with the financing contract SOP HRD/83/5.2/S/58176.
The aim was targeting rural people with entrepreneurial potential to start small business in non-agricultural areas.
The project implementation period was from December 2010 to November 2012.
- Increasing interest and awareness of entrepreneurial culture, particularly for the inactive and those looking for a job.
- Motivating and mobilizing people from rural areas in the initiation and development of business in non-agricultural sectors, including information on available funding opportunities for this type of business, in seminar organized in micro-regional level.
- Assistance in start-up business and development of non-agricultural sectors or related to agriculture and support services for accessing and using microcredits and grants offered by advisory centers nationwide.
- Development of managerial skills of people with entrepreneurial potential who will participate in entrepreneurial skills training program.
The target group consisted of people living in rural areas wishing to start a non-agricultural business and entrepreneurs who already own a company and want to develop it with European Funds.
The project targeted at least 2000 people in rural areas, of which:
- 800 managers , self-employees, management personnel of entreprises, especially micro-entreprises and SMEs.
- 500 people working in subsistence agriculture who received counseling in moving towards more profitable agriculture-related activities.
- 200 people looking for a job, graduates who are looking for a stable source of income.
- 400 inactive people, homemakers, students in terminal year.
- 100 employees interested in entrepreneurial environment, wishing to start their own business.
The project targeted rural localities of 23 counties of the 8 regions. The target group were asked to contact the nearest advice center.
- Bucarest Office: Ilfov, Prahova, Calarasi Counties
- Oradea Office: Bihor County
- Baia Mare Office: Maramures, Satu-Mare Counties
- Cluj-Napoca Office: Cluj, Salaj Counties
- Arad Office: Arad County
- Tirgu Mures Office: Mures, Bistrita Nasaud Counties
- Bacau Office: Bacau, Neamt counties
- Targoviste Office: Dambovita, Teleorman Counties
- Slatina Office: Olt, Dolj, Valcea, Arges Counties
- Galati Office: Buzau, Galati, Vrancea, Braila counties
If you live in rural areas and want to grow a non-agricultural business, do not hesitate to contact us!